Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cancer be gone....

The lumbar puncture went OK on Monday...mind you, she was 2.5 hours late, so I didn't get the injection until around 11am, which means that I didn't get out of there until about 1:30 in the afternoon. This sucked because of the build up of anxiety and side effects caused by the smells alone...seems odd, but the less time there the better.

Hammy also cancelled my LP for Wednesday so that I could safely drive to Hamilton for my PET scan. The major thing to avoid after the LP is a lot of movement - like running or similar physical activity. She was concerned that the driving could be to rough and maybe too long (if weather was bad).

I did pretty good in the afternoon but was very tired last night. Today I felt like I was hit by a train. soooooo tired. I slept for 10 hours, took my grandma to the train station and then came back home and went to bed. I didn't really get out of bed until 7 tonight...man I was wiped. I think I should have taken it a bit easier Monday...not that I did anything significant, but at one point my body was telling me to relax and I didn't...I should have taken a nap. Today, I paid for it.

Wednesday, I am off to Hamilton for my PET scan Thursday morning...cross your fingers, pray, wear THE shirt, do all your superstitious rituals, whatever it takes....Cancer be gone!

6 comments:

Daria said...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments to my blog. I'd like to follow your blog.

I get strength through other cancer survivor blogs.

Renee said...

Jeff good luck on your tests, I know you won't know anything yet, but I'm wearing the shirt.

Now cancer 'Fuck-off.'

Love Renee

Richard Crenian said...

we are with you Bud....
Love to Diletta and the cute babe!
Richard and Family

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and sending you tons of positive energy and thoughts! I am wearing my shirt tonight! CANCER BE GONE!

Love Fed

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

You seem to be handling the situation quite well. As you are very positive, I can't see why it can't be beaten. All the best to your family through this rough journey. Keep up the good work by bring you and you for others.

Baggio

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

You seem to be handling the situation quite well. As you are very positive, I can't see why it can't be beaten. All the best to your family through this rough journey. Keep up the good work by being you and you for others.

Baggio