Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Germ O Phobe

You can subscribe to this blog by clicking below:

Subscribe to Life comes at you fast! by Email

Not a very exciting day...I guess that should be a good thing...

I went for my blood work this morning and there were people standing in the waiting room, that's how many people were there. The clinic is only for cancer patients and works like a walk-in; generally, there are no set appointment times. So for me, I go every Wednesday any time I want. I go in the morning to ensure that the doctor gets my results that day (the doctor gets them within 2 hours and if there is a problem, they call me immediately). Of the people in the waiting room, you can't tell that they have cancer. I have to remember this for everyday life...you never know what someone else is going through.

One thing that surprises me is the number of people with cancer. On my chemo day every bed was full (15 people) and there are chairs on the other side that I couldn't see, but I think there are about 10 of them and likely full. I wonder if they are full every day? , other than being at the cancer center, I would have no idea that they have cancer. I see a lot of middle aged couples bringing in a parent in their 60's or 70's. Once again...the majority of people are older.

Subscribe to Life comes at you fast! by Email

Diletta and I went grocery shopping today and I found myself being a bit of a germ-o-phobe. I didn't feel that comfortable with that many people around...I need to get more specific information about how germ-o-phobie I have to be...

Ciao,

Jeff

No comments: