Thursday, January 15, 2009

No Results...Blog Publishing....Book Idea

The symptoms are all the same...tired, nausea, headache, fingers tingling and of course, the constipation.

I left a message 2 days ago at the cancer center asking for them to call me back with the results of my Gallium and CT scan's. Dr. Hamm had said that they would call me and tell me...I guess no news is good news? B.S. - I want to know. I'll call again tomorrow morning.

I've come across a way to publish my blog in hard copy and am quite excited about it. www.blurb.com . Seems like I could get an 8" X 10" hard cover, 200 pages for about $60 (softcover ~ $44). They even have a list of professionals that can help you with formatting, language etc. I figure that I will do this for myself at a minimum, but others have already expressed an interest in getting a copy, so I could have a 'cheaper' version done. The next question is at what point should I get it done? I suppose that I will just know...

The other thing that I have been thinking about lately is a book for cancer patients on how to deal with the treatment / chemotherapy / radiation / psychology / physical activity / etc. The format could be a top 10 list from 100 different patients of how they best dealt with it all. For example; how to swallow pills you don't like the taste of, what prevents nausea, how to get rid of constipation, and many other things, some of which you have read about during my experiences. I guess it could be a patients guide to dealing with cancer...

Ciao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, another (very good) site for book publishing is www.lulu.com - I believe they are the most reputable. This is the company that I am using to publish my pocket series about Veganism. AB

Kahley said...

What a great idea Jeff. Anything I can do to help just let me know.