Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hockey Sunday!

The symptoms have been well managed this time - the drugs seem to be working well. However, I think I wrote too soon about the constipation - seems to have crept up on me (I'll do the prune juice tomorrow morning). I am a bit concerned about how the symptoms may surface tomorrow...or over the next couple of days because I will be done with the Emend and Zofran. I am still taking the Pariet every day and the Neupogen shots every other day...

I had a good day today and was able to play some pond-style hockey. 3-on-3 (my team had 4 - to give me breaks) and the games were only 8 minutes. It wiped me out but I felt great! My lungs/chest/throat seem to be sore and congested, but that is likely just because of the rapid influx of oxygen today.

I am sure that I will sleep like a baby!

I would like to thank all of you who read this blog and send me messages. I have had tremendous support and I truly believe that it has helped my psyche and my soul. I believe that I will be a stronger person at the end of this. I have heard people say, long after they have gone through chemo, that it was the best thing that ever happened to them. I'll believe that when I get there....and I will!


Diletta brought Isabella by to watch Dad play hockey....she pretty much slept the entire time.
If you look close, you can see the steam coming off my head...the guys were all cracking up how much steam was coming off.

Me, Todd, Brad and Scott.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Don Patten said...

That wont be the last time she sleeps at one of your games.....just wait until there favourite hockey person is the zamboni driver!!