Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 days post chemo...

Again - not a bad day!


A few bouts of nausea. One pretty bad this morning where I thought I was actually going to barf (I haven't done that since the first night). Then one bout again tonight around 9pm. I quickly took a Ativan and was fine.


I received a few emails confirming my thought from yesterday - I have to take and maintain control over how I deal with my diagnosis and treatment.


I'm very much looking forward to Christmas, but I just hope that everyone is healthy. Isabella has changed so much from when was last seen by a lot of my family..they are going to be soooo excited to see her look at them and smile. There are going to be many melted hearts! Awesome!


I got a very cool shirt from Dana in the mail yesterday that I forgot to write about yesterday....
This will be the shirt I wear when this is done...but when is it done? The doc said that I am likely in remission right now...but will continue to receive treatment. Also, that I will go on maintenance rituximab for 2 years....or should I wear it at the 5 year point when being clear for that long is a great sign....hmmmmm
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should begin wearing your t-shirt now because you HAVE made cancer your bitch, Jeff! You are in the driver's seat and tackling each task on the cancer "to do" list. No need to waste time worrying about prognosis and remission since you don't have an expiration date stamped on your foot. Next Christmas you are going to reflect on this year and be amazed at all you have accomplished. Most of all, you will be amazed at how your little girl has become even more wonderful than she is today. Have a fabulous holiday - the new year is right around the corner!

Cheers!

Dana